Day two of the better web project is here and it’s time to create your home page. By now, you should have a domain name and a hosting service. If you chose a hosting company with WordPress support, you’re in luck because they have an auto install for WordPress. Here’s how you can get started:
- Login to your cpanel using the information provided to you via email when you signed up for hosting.
- Look for an auto install menu. If you can’t find it, reach out to customer support and they will guide you through it.
- In the auto installer, fill out the necessary details such as the name of your site (similar to your domain name but more readable) and an email address where your admin password and other information will be sent.
- Wait for the installation process to complete. You will receive an email with the link to log in and your login information.
Once you’ve completed the installation, your new WordPress site will have an example post on the home page. Now, it’s time to add your own content and fill out the rest of your site information. Here’s what you need to do:
- On the left side of your screen, click on ‘Settings’ and then ‘General Settings’. Fill out the necessary information according to your preferences.
- Next, go to the ‘Posts’ tab and click on the first WordPress post. Read it to understand how posts work, and then delete it.
- At the top of the list, click on ‘New Post’. Add your text and any other content you want for your home page, and hit ‘Publish’.
Congratulations! Your first page is now live on your site. Take some time to explore the different features and customization options available in WordPress to make your home page truly yours.